The Policy is effective as of 25 May 2018. The policy was last modified on 28 July 2018.
Nature of the Collection of Personal Data
Users may be required to provide CEJI, in its capacity as data controller, with information and personal data concerning them, such as their full name and e-mail address. Some personal data are mandatory, others optional, to access or benefit from certain services on the Website, such as contact forms. The mandatory or optional nature of the data is indicated to you at the time of collection. In the absence of communication of mandatory personal data, CEJI will not be able to respond to the user’s request.
Purpose of the Processing
The collection, storage and processing of this personal information and data have the purpose of keeping you informed about upcoming issues.
Data Protection Principles
In processing personal data, CEJI will take all reasonable measures to ensure that data is:
• Processed fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner.
• Collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and any further processing is completed for a compatible purpose.
• Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary for the intended purposes.
• Accurate, and where necessary, kept up to date.
• Kept in a form which permits identification for no longer than necessary for the intended purposes.
• Processed in line with the individual’s rights and in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organizational measures.
• Not transferred to people or organizations situated in countries without adequate protection and without firstly having advised the individual.
Collection and Processing for Limited Purposes
In the course of CEJI’s operations, we may collect and process the personal data as set out in this Notice. This may include data we receive actively and passively.
Active Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
CEJI collects information directly from you through, for example, online application and registration forms, when subscribing to our mailing list as well as offline, through event registration forms, or meetings. Information is collected and maintained from participants in CEJI programs, application forms, current and past website users, survey respondents, and others. To the extent that information requested is not required for your participation in a given CEJI program/opportunity, you will be told which information is optional.
We may process the following of your personal data collected from you during your application, registration and participation in the course of your interactions with us:
• Basic personal information, including your name, birth city and country, date of birth, previous first and last names, address, e-mail, and phone number.
• Demographic information, including gender, education, profession, occupation.
• Photographs, video recordings and audio recordings of your voice, image, simulated likeness, and of other personal characteristics.
Passive Online Data Collection
Recipients of Personal Data
These data may be communicated and/or transmitted, whether for a fee or free of charge, to third parties linked to CEJI by contract for the performance of processed tasks necessary for the management of the Website, for logistical purposes, without users having to give their authorization. In the event of a proven infringement of legal or regulatory provisions, this information may be disclosed upon express and reasoned request of the judicial authorities.
Duration of Data Processing
Your personal data will not be kept in a form that allows you to be identified for any longer than is reasonably considered necessary by us for achieving the purposes for which it was collected or processed or as required by applicable laws related to data retention periods. We will retain your data during our relationship with you and thereafter, for varying periods of time, depending on the reason for which we are required to retain the particular data. There are several reasons for which we must retain your data, including: relevant statute of limitations under civil laws; the statutory data retention obligation applicable to personal data in contracts, communication and business correspondence which constitute accounting documents. The personal data will be removed from our records or properly anonymized when it is no longer needed.
Transfers outside European Union
Some of our providers may be located outside the European Union, personal data collected may be transferred to countries outside the European Union. In the event that the recipient country does not ensure a level of data protection equivalent to that of the European Union, CEJI undertakes to take all appropriate guarantees, either on the basis of a decision of adequacy or, in the absence of such a decision, on the basis of appropriate guarantees such as standard contractual clauses, a copy of which may be requested from the person hereafter designated.
Personal Data Storage Period
Your data will only be kept for the duration of your newsletter subscription, beyond, for a duration not exceeding the applicable legal limitation periods.
Exercise of Rights
In accordance with the applicable regulations, you have the right to access, modify, delete, if any limit or make portable and your personal data and the right to object, subject to legitimate and compelling reasons, to the processing of this data. These rights can be exercised directly with CEJI by e-mail at email@example.com and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.