Jewish Museum Lisbon – Association Hagada
The Lisbon Jewish Museum will tell the story of a millennium of Jewish presence in the territory that is today Portugal, namely in Lisbon, stressing the Jewish contribution towards the history of the Portuguese nation. The historical itinerary of the Museum will cover 5 key periods:
- The age of the “Convivência” also known as “The Time of the Jews”, from the XII to the XV centuries;
- The Jews under Roman, Visigoth and Islamic domain;
- The Age of Intolerance: Expulsion, forced Conversion, Inquisition;
- The Portuguese-Jewish Diaspora, between the XVI and XVIII centuries;
- The contemporary Revival of Judaism in the XIX-XX centuries.