Liberal Jewish Community Beth Shalom Munich
Jewish indentity has numerous facets:
- Religious life, history and philosophy
- Ethical values including a multicultural community living our tradition
- Inheritance of a common culture and heritage
- A place to trace family
…all of which can be experienced in the community.
A conscious and enriched experience means for the community:
- Open to people having different Jewish biographies
- Commitment to Jewish tradition in contemporary life
- Open to all forms of partnerships – regardless of religion or sexual orientation
- Commitment to the equality between men and women
- Open to open dialog without the worry of group-pressure
- Commitment towards social & political concerns within our society.
There are regular religious services, communal holiday celebrations and a place to share familial festivities (Simchot) and remembrances.
There are also a variety of programs dedicated to families including monthly family services, baby play groups and religious classes for children and for mothers.
Beth Shalom offers lectures, movies, community service activities as well as social get togethers, where members have a chance to sit together and have a discussion before services begin.
After services on Friday evenings and Saturday afternoon there is always a Kiddush were members gather for a glass of wine or juice and enjoy a vegetarian community buffet.