Mosaic Liberal Synagogue (Harrow)
Mosaic is a new concept for Anglo-Jewry in London – one community with three “strands” of Judaism.
Mosaic is a uniquely diverse, dynamic and pluralist Jewish community that enhances and sustains Jewish life through:
- A range of cultural, educational and social activities and programmes.
- A diversity of ritual prayer choices that our three Mosaic synagogues offer across Liberal, Masorti and Reform religious practice, and via constantly seeking new approaches within and beyond our current rituals.
- Our role in the world outside our Community – contributing and impacting the repair of the world (tikkun olam)
- Supporting Jews in need, both within our Community and beyond
- Warmly welcoming, supporting and encouraging us all to choose our Jewish life
Mosaic serves the Jewish Community in
- Bushey, Pinner, Hatch End, Northwood, Ruislip, Harrow, Harrow Weald, Stanmore, Kenton, Wembley, Oxhey, Watford and beyond
- the boroughs of Brent, Harrow, Hertsmere, Hillingdon and beyond.
Mosaic brings together three constituent synagogues – Liberal (formerly Harrow & Wembley Progressive Synagogue), Masorti (Hatch End Masorti Synagogue) and Mosaic Reform (formerly Middlesex New Synagogue) – into one community and organisation that both incorporates and enhances the three constituent Synagogues.
Mosaic has a wide range of events and activites organized. Here are a few example :
Tikkun Olam :
- Human Rights Shabbar
- Emergency appeal for Afghan refugee crisis
- Chanukah candle lighting with ambassadors of Israel, UAE and Bahrain
- Welcoming other faith representatives for Rosh Hashanah services
- Refugge event with Sufra & Syrian Refugee Families
- Faith training for Brent police
- EcoPeace May Newsletter