Gedenkstätte KZ Lichtenburg Prettin
In June 1933 the National Socialists opened a concentration camp for male prisoners in the renaissance castle Lichtenburg - in the middle of the small town of Prettin - which from then on occupied an important position in the concentration camp system. After its dissolution in August 1937, Lichtenburg Castle served as the first central women's concentration camp for the entire Reich until May 1939, and from September 1941 to April 1945 as a satellite camp of the Sachsenhausen concentration camp.
The Lichtenburg Prettin Concentration Camp Memorial sees itself as a place of remembrance and remembrance, a place of historical and political educational work, a place of discussion and reflection as well as a place of collecting and research. It offers an extensive and varied educational offer aimed at young people and adults.