The SECCA forum which stands for “Special Envoys and Coordinators Combating Antisemitism was established in June 2019 by the World Jewish Congress (WJC) in collaboration with the Romanian Presidency of the Council of the European Union. It comprises officials and representatives from various countries and international organizations, with the aim of combating antisemitism. The forum convenes regularly to exchange views, share best practices, and evaluate progress in the fight against antisemitism. Its purpose is to address the challenges faced by Jewish communities and promote international cooperation in combating antisemitism.
SECCA, the Special Envoys and Coordinators Combating Antisemitism forum, aims to combat antisemitism globally. It brings together officials and coordinators from different countries and international organizations to collectively address this issue. The forum promotes international cooperation, sharing of best practices, and the exchange of ideas to effectively counteract antisemitism in all its forms.
The SECCA forum takes several actions to combat antisemitism. Here are some of their key actions:
- Information Sharing: SECCA facilitates the exchange of information and best practices among participating officials and coordinators. They share knowledge and strategies on identifying, addressing, and preventing antisemitic incidents and trends.
- Policy Development: The forum works towards the development and implementation of effective policies and measures to combat antisemitism. This includes advocating for stronger legislation, policies, and initiatives at the national and international levels.
- Awareness and Education: SECCA promotes awareness and education on antisemitism. They engage in public outreach campaigns, disseminate educational resources, and support initiatives that promote tolerance, diversity, and understanding.
- International Coordination: SECCA fosters international coordination and collaboration among participating countries and organizations. They work together on joint initiatives, projects, and campaigns to combat antisemitism on a global scale.
- Monitoring and Reporting: The forum monitors and tracks antisemitic incidents, trends, and manifestations. They gather data, analyze patterns, and produce reports to raise awareness, inform policies, and guide targeted interventions.
- Advocacy and Engagement: SECCA engages in advocacy efforts to raise awareness about antisemitism and promote its combat. They work with governments, civil society organizations, and international bodies to advocate for policies and measures that effectively address antisemitism.
Through these actions, the SECCA forum strives to actively combat antisemitism, protect Jewish communities, and promote a society that is free from discrimination and prejudice.