The Emanuel Ringelblum Jewish Historical Institute
The Jewish Historical Institute was established officially in 1947 and has been located in the building at 5 Tłomackie Street ever since. The Jewish Historical Institute possesses the largest collection of Jewish art works in post-war Poland. For the last four years it has been presenting its collections in temporary exhibitions and is preparing a permanent exhibition about Underground Ghetto Archive. It organizes a range of artistic events, academic conferences and public education meetings, and pursues both educational and publishing activity. JHI is both a depository of the memory of the past and a living cultural centre – an institution actively participating in the creation of historical and civic awareness.