The House of One
The House of One project has a profound history that dates back to a symbolic gathering in 2009, when religious leaders representing Christianity, Judaism, and Islam united in prayer for peace in Berlin. Inspired by this powerful moment, the Stiftung House of One was established in 2011 as a non-profit organization to transform the shared vision into reality. Over the years, the project gained momentum and support from diverse individuals, organizations, and religious communities worldwide. Design competitions were held, inviting architects to create a building that would embody the spirit of interreligious cooperation. The selected design, chosen in 2012, features a central communal space connected to individual prayer spaces for the synagogue, church, and mosque. Through extensive fundraising efforts, cultural events, and educational programs, the House of One has continued to gather momentum and support. While the physical construction of the House of One is in progress, the project remains dedicated to fostering interreligious understanding, dialogue, and collaboration, promoting the values of peace, tolerance, and unity among the three Abrahamic faiths.
The House of One aims to create a physical space where people from Christian, Jewish, and Muslim backgrounds can worship, engage in dialogue, and foster understanding. The project seeks to promote interreligious harmony, tolerance, and cooperation by providing a shared space for prayer, joint activities, and cultural exchange. It aims to encourage dialogue, mutual respect, and the celebration of shared values among these diverse faith communities.
1. Interfaith Services: The House of One hosts regular interfaith services that bring together people from different religious backgrounds to pray, meditate, and reflect. These services are open to people of all faiths and are designed to promote understanding and respect between different religious traditions.
2. Workshops and Seminars: The House of One hosts a variety of workshops and seminars on topics related to interfaith dialogue, spirituality, and social justice. These events are designed to provide participants with the knowledge and skills they need to engage in meaningful interfaith dialogue and promote social change.
3. Cultural Events: The House of One hosts a variety of cultural events throughout the year, including concerts, art exhibitions, and film screenings. These events are designed to promote cultural exchange and to celebrate the diversity of the community.
4. Community Events: The House of One hosts a variety of community events throughout the year, including picnics, festivals, and community service projects. These events are designed to bring people together and to promote community building.
5. Educational Programs: The House of One hosts a variety of educational programs for people of all ages, including classes on religion, spirituality, and social justice. These programs are designed to give participants a deeper understanding of different religious traditions and promote interfaith dialogue.